At 1 Stop Data we are passionate about the quality of our data and we ensure it is the best possible on the market. However we are aware sometimes marketers using poor quality data that does irreparable harm their brand, their company, their business and the industry. To ensure quality and compliance leading marketers always get their data from a reputable supplier such as 1 Stop Data.
Below is Top Ten Tips we have gathered from data buyers:
1. Check the company selling the data. Always check against a credit reference agency that the company still exists and does not have a bad rating.
2. Find out how the data owner has gathered their data. Do they have a call centre? Where is it based and can you visit it?
3. Ask for sample data. Does it match your requirements?
4. If they claim to be members of a trade association, check that they really are.
5. Eyeball the data. Does it look like it has been web scraped?
6. Do you have the list owner’s street address? If possible, visit the company.
7. What guarantees are in place? No database is perfect, but you do need a realistic guarantee.
8. Ask around for recommendations. Is the data owner well regarded or an industry tale of woe?
9. Are the volumes realistic? Be wary of high volumes that do not match your target market.
10. Be prepared ask advice from your data supplier they have a wealth of knowledge built up over many years. Use it – it’s FREE!
Speak to one of our consultants today… Contact Us.